Kodak Alaris i5850 A3 Document Scanner
Kodak i5850 - Intelligence and power, on many levels The Kodak i5000 Series Scanners were created to triumph over the many processing challenges faced by digital mail rooms, multinational financial and insurance services firms, manufacturing organizations, government entities, and others...
- Category: Alaris Document Scanners, Document Scanners, Production Scanners
Kodak i5850 - Intelligence and power, on many levels
The Kodak i5000 Series Scanners were created to triumph over the many processing challenges faced by digital mail rooms, multinational financial and insurance services firms, manufacturing organizations, government entities, and others that process huge volumes of documents containing diverse varieties of information.
We've designed the i5850 Scanner with greater capability and versatility to help meet demanding business goals. Image addressing to read patch codes, Intelligent Document Protection (IDP) to safeguard valuable documents, and a rear post-scan printer. A customizable, intelligent, ergonomically correct production scanner, the i5850 features Kodak Dynamic Flow Technology. This advanced digital architecture delivers optimized memory allocation and processing paths. Now you can work smarter with breakthrough solutions from Kodak Alaris, the high-volume market leader.
- Finds the fastest way to scan, perform imaging functions, and extract data
- Image addressing (IA) detects and reads patch codes on documents before being scanned to expedite batching
- Saves up to 53% on total cost of ownership over five years*
- Service bureau processes hundreds of thousands of highly diverse documents daily for clients in a variety of industries
- Client requirements vary significantly, and include need for patch code reading, sequential numbering, OCR/IDR, validation and beyond
- Due to high volume, any disruptions in workflow can negatively impact productivity and threaten tight turnaround times
- Kodak i5850 Scanner
- 600 dpi, high-integrity scanning greatly enhances OCR/IDR and validation through higher-density data capture
- Image addressing permits reading of patch codes so sequential number can be applied to each document scanned and each batch accurately tracked
- Intelligent Document Protection "hears" issues before they become jams or misfeeds, stopping the feeder to protect document integrity and slash need for rescanning
- Document prep and handling times reduced greatly as i5850 Scanner handles very mixed/diverse batches flawlessly
- Programmable function keys eliminate repeated set-ups of complex tasks and make scanning "one-button easy"
- Document damage from staples, multifeeds, and jams avoided thanks to new IDP feature
- Image files for each document can be separated into groups by foldering or into one electronic document with ease per client preference thanks to the image addressing feature
- Rear printer adds versatility to operations and streamlines operations as there is no need to change driver settings when switching between front and rear printer
- Work stoppages reduced markedly, resulting in greater uptime and higher throughput
- Optional Kodak Controlled Dual Stacking Accessory automatically separates patch sheets, images checks and correspondence in a single step so you can re-use sheets and gain other productive advantages
|Recommended Daily Volume||No limit with i5000 Series Scanners|
|Optical Resolution||600 dpi|
|Output resolution||100 / 150 / 200 / 240 / 300 / 400 / 600 dpi|
|Maximum Document Width||304.8 mm (12?)|
|Long Document Mode Length||Up to 4.6 m (180?)|
|Minimum Document Size||63.5 mm x 63.5 mm (2.5? x 2.5?)|
|Paper Thickness and Weight||With standard feeder: 45 g/m2 bond to 200 g/m2 index
With ultra-lightweight feeder accessory: 25 g/m2. rice paper to 80 g/m2 bond
|Feeder/Elevator||Automatic 750-sheet elevator design; automatic document feeder with four settings: continuous feed, 100-sheet, 250-sheet, 500-sheet and full 750-sheet batches|
|Document Sensing||Ultrasonic multi-feed detection (5 independent zones); Intelligent Document Protection|
|Connectivity||USB 2.0 Certified, USB 3.0 compatible|
|Software Support||Bundled software: TWAIN, ISIS and WIA drivers, Kofax certified. Fully supported by Kodak Capture Pro Software and Kodak Asset Management Software|
|Features in the Scanner||Front and rear printer, Perfect Page technology, streak filter, controlled stacking, iThresholding, automatic color detection, autocrop, aggressive crop, deskew, content-based blank page detection and deletion, multi-color dropout, dual-stream scanning, automatic orientation now with defaults, color-on-the-fly toggle patch, operator overrides|
|Image Addressing||Multi-level indexing/batching capabilities|
|Output Compression||CCITT Group IV; JPEG or uncompressed output|
|Warranty (US and Canada)||90 days on-site|
|Electrical Requirements||100-240 V (international), 50/60 Hz|
|Power Consumption||Sleep Mode < 4 watts; Running: < 250 watts; Standby: <1.0 watt|
Energy Star qualified scanner
(operator position sound pressure level)
|Standby mode: <44 dB(A); Scanning at 300 dpi <64 dB(A)|
|Recommended PC Configuration||PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 3GHz, 4GB RAM, USB 2.0 or higher|
|Supported Operating Systems||Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit); Microsoft Windows Vista (32- and 64-bit); Microsoft Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit); Microsoft Windows 8 (32- and 64-bit)|
|Consumables Available||Feeder consumables kits, imaging guide set, printer ink cartridge and carrier, transport cleaning sheets, roller cleaning pads, printer ink blotters, Staticide Wipes, switchable black/white background|
|Accessories/Options||Enhanced Printer Accessory for Kodak Scanners, manual feed shelf, Document Extenders 66.04 cm, 76.02 cm and 86.36 cm (26?, 30? and 34?), Controlled Dual Stacking Accessory|
|Dimensions||Height: 106.7 cm - 130.8 cm, Width: 69.3 cm, Depth: 82.3 cm|
Vire can ship any item bought from us to anywhere (Main Centres and Regional areas) in South Africa. Shipping costs are dependent on the item's weight, which means shipping quotes are added to your quotations Please see the information below for more on shipping quotes.
Delivery times for orders are dependent on the inventory level of our suppliers.
If our supplier has stock of an item, it will be delivered within 1-5 business days.
If our supplier does not have stock of an item, it will be delivered within 7-15 business days.
All shipping dates specified are estimates and are dependent on stock levels (includin supplier stock), performance of shipping partners and shipping destinations. Vire will however strive to ensure that your order reaches you within the advertised delivery time frame.
For more information on shipping, please send an email to email@example.com or call us on 012 460 8305.
Cancellations and Refunds
Vire complies with the Consumer Protection Act of South Africa, Act 68 of 2008, which means that you are able to cancel any order within 5 business days of receipt of goods, without any penalty, provided that they are unused and still in the original, undamaged packaging.
For Alaris and Kodak Alaris document scanners, a 15% handling fee will be charged on all cancelled orders to supplier cover distributor handling fees incurred by Vire.
Orders containing items classified as 'special order items' cannot be cancelled. These orders are placed by manufacturers or distributors specifically for the customer and have financial implications as soon as the order is placed.
If our inspection process deems that those two conditions are met, you will be refunded for the purchase price in full within 15 days of the cancellation.
You will be liable for the direct cost of returning the goods to Vire, in terms of section 20 of the CPA.
Subject to our cancellation and refunds policy, goods may only be returned if they are defective, damaged or not the same as what was ordered.
Damaged, defective or goods that are not the same as what was ordered need to be reported to us within 24 hours of delivery. These goods need to be returned to Vire as soon as reasonably possible and should also still be in their warranty period. If these goods are approved by us for return, we will notify you of shipping arrangements to get the item back to us.
All goods for return should be returned in their original packaging.
As mentioned under the cancellations section, all Alaris and Kodak Alaris document scanners carry a 15% handling fee for cancellations and returns to cover handling fees incurred between Vire and the distributor.
Please note that refunds and returns are handled on a case by case basis and will undergo inspection to determine if all of the return and refund criteria is met.